Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Sweet Ending to my Productive Summer

The end is approaching ...my summer months in Miami will be a past memory in exactly three days.

Every summer ends with a sad face and a great tan.
It's always the same. My way back up to Gainesville gives me time to reflect on how fruitful my summer was. I consider traveling plans, outings in the city, relationships, beach days and career-oriented accomplishments before deciding if my summer counted.

This year, summer was exceptionally magnificent. It probably has to do with the series of unexpected events that i came across. I had this whole summer planned, as i do with most things. Yet, everything worked out discordantly.
On a professional level, it worked out perfectly. Let's be honest here, being able to answer questions when asked about what you're are doing is the best part about having a job. The conversation usually goes:

Friend/Relative/Stranger: So what have you been up to this summer?

Me: Well, you know... internship at a P.R. Firm...

F/R/S: oh wow, that's great... lucky you have a job, economy is so bad right now. Still at UF right? When do you go back up? what do you study again?

Me: Yea... that's true. Well i study Public Relations, you know like what i do at the P.R. Firm. and i go back up at the end of summer.

F/R/S: OH RIGHT, yea yea... that's great... Um yea, what is Public Relations again? like Marketing right?

Me: no. it's not actually. *HAVE TO CUT OFF THE CONVERSATION HERE BECAUSE IF NOT, I MIGHT JUST END UP GOING OFF ON A TANGENT.*

The point i was trying to get across is that i can say i did something productive for my future this summer. Isn't that what college students hope to impress others with any way? This summer although very productive, has also been a bit enlightning, a tad spontaneous, a pinch emotional, a wee bit serene and a smidge zestful. It all combined to make my summer savvy and memorable.

I should cherish the memories i made in Colombia in May because i don't plan on going this December. As for family, i don't know how often i will be coming down to Miami. Hopefully Fall semester will allow me to come down more. I don't want to use the gas excuse, but it still remains as one of my main reasons why i rarely come down south.
Summer, this isn't good bye. This is see you later.

A toast.... to what the future may bring.

Cheers.